| Inferno World & Fragments Girl|
|Publisher||Yen Press (JP)|
|Magazine Issue||Monthly Dragon Age April 2016|
|Release Date||March 9, 2016|
Inferno World & Fragments Girl is the sixty-fourth chapter of the Seven Magicians series, released on March 9, 2016 in Monthly Dragon Age April 2016 issue, and later compiled in the fifteenth volume on August 9, 2016.
In an unknown rural area, a young girl quotes to herself as she bathes while lightning constantly strikes throughout the dark sky until she suddenly senses her sister returning...Meanwhile, Arata and company approach Dante's Gate shortly before the doors begin to open, releasing dark magic as well as the presence of a large demonic army. Nevertheless, the group quickly prepare themselves with Arata and Akio in the front with Lilith and Mira providing cover fire while Yui supports them. After Yui strengthens their magic, Arata and the girls effectively battle through the army before he eventually defeats the commander, causing the remaining enemies to disappitate. However, they are subsequently approached by a mysterious girl who is introduced as Ilia's sister, Okto, the eigth chapter of the Ilias Fragment. Although Okto apologetically reveals herself as the culprit who summoned the army, Ilia and Arata assure her that they do not hold a grudge. After judging him to be strong enough to survive within Dante's Gate, Okto requests that they rescue the remaining sisters of the Ilias Fragment. While traveling through the terrain, Okto explains that the world within Dante's Gate is divided into nine circles with their current location being the library of the underworld Archeron. Their goal is the Demon Lord's castle which resides in the ninth circle which they must travel on a river to reach. But before Okto can explain further, Ilia insists on learning the situation of their sisters, learning that they have been sealed within the various circles. Furthermore, the culprit is revealed to beRadix Astil who also murdered their master, the Witch of Witches three hundred days ago. Suddenly, Radix herself unexpectedly appears before the party which Sora confronts her mother of her actions who reveals the purpose was for Arata to retrieve them as a trial which only then would she awknowledge his strength. However, upon learning of her intentions, Arata retailiates by controlling and unleashing his magic which tears Radix's clothings apart. Shocked by his demonstration of power, Radix states her hope for the group's success before departing. Afterwards, the remaining girls are also startled by his magic, but quickly accepts his augmentation with exception of Akio who becomes concerned that of his transformation in the future especially if he has not yet realized the change himself.
- The chapter was released along with The Ninja Girl's Past (Part 1) of Levi Story in the Monthly Dragon Age April 2016 issue.
- While bathing in a river, Okto quotes the beginning line of Homer's The Iliad, "Menin aeide, thea, Peleiadeo Achileos" which translates from Greek into "Sing, O goddess, the anger of Achilles son of Peleus."
- The translation of the engravings on Dante's Gate Mira provides to Arata is "Abandon All Hope, You Who Enter Here." The phrase is a reference to the inscriptions on the gate of Hell from Dante Alighieri's epic poem Divine Poem.
- During Selina and the legendary grimoires comment on Arata's strategic capabilities, Sora mentions his training with the Saint of Resurrection, previously revealed in Sword Magus & Dark Castle.
- Mira recalls Ilia's scheme involving ensnaring her and Arata which initially occurred in Second Security & Dimension Trouble.
- ↑ “The Iliad.” The Internet Classics Archive | The Iliad by Homer, MIT, classics.mit.edu/Homer/iliad.1.i.html.
- ↑ “'Abandon hope all ye who enter here' - the meaning and origin of this phrase.” Phrasefinder, Gary Martin, www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/abandon-hope-all-ye-who-enter-here.html. Accessed 19 Aug. 2017.